5. Altium Designer FPGA design features \ to overview
§ FPGA Design Basic (FPGA basic design function \ can)
FPGA chips must ultimately complete the PCB layout design, FPGA with a design feature is the ability to change the allocation of IO pins in the PCB layout process can take advantage of this feature to perform FPGA pin swapping of power \ capacity, to reduce PCB layout of the staggered network, reducing the chance of winding in order to achieve optimal routing. For layout in the Designer, the changes to the FPGA chip pin immediately after a fast and easy way to change the pin state after the update to the FPGA design project.
(1) using VHDL, Verilog HDL, Schematic and C mixed-language code of the FPGA design.
(2) pre-synthesis through (Pre-synthesize) FPGA devices can be directly used databases:
FPGA Generic, FPGA Processor, FPGA Peripheral, FPGA Memory, FPGA Port-Plugin.
(3) support a variety of different FPGA chips and provide the FPGA's Schematic Symbol, PCB Footprint, 3D model.
(4) provides FPGA emulation function \ to (Test bench and Simulation).
(5), interactive real-time monitoring of FPGA signal insertion probe Live Design Probe.
(6) complete FPGA build process Build Process: Compiler, Synthesizer, Translated Design,
Map Design to FPGA, Timing Analysis, Program.
(7) core component project Core project, the core IP components to build their own database.
(8) FPGA third-party IP import wizard (FPGA Third Party IP Importer),
Generated from third-party software can be loaded into the IP core using Altium Designer.
(9) The concept is to achieve Retargeting complete FPGA development function \ can be quickly ported to FPGA devices from different vendors,
No change has been completed and the design of the content.
(10) FPGA design provides a complete example of Source; also provides a FPGA development board schematics and PCB design.
(11) supports third-party software such as Synplicity, Synplicity For Lattice, Synplicity For Actel,
XST Synthesizer, Altera Quartus II, Active-HDL, ModelSim.
§ Virtual Instrument (Embedded Virtual Instrument)
(1) FPGA virtual instrument library: frequency generator, frequency counter, digital IO modules, Crosspoint Switch Module,
TERMINAL Debug Console Instrument, logic analyzers, custom customized instrument.
(2) virtual instrument panel Instrument Dashboard: Altium Designer can not open state,
Live monitoring of embedded directly to the FPGA design of the virtual instrument panel display.
§ Embedded Software Design (Embedded Software Design)
(1) Support for Embedded Processor SoftCore
<1> Altium provides 8 bits free license: TSK165 (compatible PIC16C5X family),
TSK51 52 (8051 compatible instruction set), TSK80 (compatible Zilog Z80 instruction set).
<2> 32-bit RISC processor: CoreMP7, MicroBlaze?, NiosIIR,
PowerPCR PPC405A, TSK3000A (Altium provides free license).
(2) soft core components compatible with the Wishbone Wishbone compatible cores.
(3) complete software development kit Tasking tool chain, Compiler, Linker, Simulator, Debugger.
(4) OpenBus System to simplify the complexity of the FPGA processor (Processor SoftCore) design.
(5) real-time software debugging functions \ to Real-time Debugging: Software Simulation, On-Chip Debug.
(6) C to Hardware compiler, the C code into hardware design in order to achieve hardware acceleration requirements.
(7) software platform for building control Software Platform Builder provides an intuitive editor for quickly and easily assemble your hardware software platform.
§ FPGA project to PCB project (FPGA and PCB co-design)
(1) FPGA and PCB synchronization wizard guides to help engineers quickly set up and maintain project PCB and FPGA projects simultaneously.
(2) FPGA work zones (FPGA Workspace Map), to maintain synchronization between the state of the project.
(3) Auto / manual FPGA pin swap function \ can.
(4) Altium Designer provides all the FPGA Vendor existing market parts package, including complete Symol/Footprint/3D Model.